Please read the following before submitting your information.
- Please submit the following information to either via email OR by filling in the form below. Be sure to include voyages home and not just outbound voyages.
- Entries will not be posted until the source can be specified. So please save us both time and put the source in your note. And please make sure to include your privacy authorization.
- Postings are generally made in a batch. So I may not answer your e-mail until the next batch of updates is in progress.
- Please feel free to include photos of the ships that you were on if you have them. You can email scanned images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRESS IN CASE I NEED TO CONTACT YOU. I WILL NOT POST THIS INFO ON THE SITE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.
- PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS.
Thank you for helping build the list.
Information To Be Submitted
- Departure Date
- Embarkation Place
- Vessel Name
- Unit(s) on Board
- Convoy Number (was ship in a convoy?)
- Debarkation Place
- Arrival Date
- Source of the Information (see below for details)
- Your Name
- Your E-mail Address
- Privacy authorization (see below for details)
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRESS IN CASE I NEED TO CONTACT YOU. I WILL NOT POST THIS INFO ON THE SITE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.
Source of Information
For the source of the information, please be as specific as possible. The goal is to be able to let future researchers find the source some day.
If the source of the information is your personal experience (that is, you were on the ship), then please so state, and give your name and complete unit specification at the time you shipped out. It would also be helpful if you could identify the names of any other ships in the convoy with you.
An important issue with the troop ship crossing page is privacy. There are unfortunately some unscrupulous people who think the web is their ticket to exploit whatever and whoever they find there.
Is it okay to post the text of your note(s), including your name and e-mail address and personal (to you and your family) information in your notes? If not, what limits do you want to put on what is made public?
The page of source information, to which the "source of information" field links, is intended to include submitters' e-mail notes as documentation. So your information will be included both in the list and on the sources page